CBD Oil is an extremely popular natural remedy used for many common illnesses
Unlike THC, CBD is not psychoactive, hence it does not change our state of mind. This quality makes CBD Oil an appealing option for those who are looking for relief from pain and other symptoms without the mind-altering effects of marijuana or most pharmaceutical drugs.
CBD Oil is made by extracting the CBD compound from the Marijuana/Cannabis plant, then diluting it with a carrier oil like almond, coconut, olive or even Hemp seed oil.
CBD Oil is gaining momentum in the health and wellness world, with some scientific studies confirming it can ease symptoms of ailments like chronic pain and anxiety.
Here is a list of health benefits provided by CBD Oil that are backed by scientific evidence.
1. Relieves Back Pain by interacting with our Endocannabinoid System (ECS), which is responsible for regulating a variety of our body’s functions such as Appetite, Sleep, Pain and Immune System response.
To clarify, our body produces Endocannabinoids, those are essentially Neurotransmitters that bind to Cannabinoid receptors in our own nervous system.
Studies have shown that CBD Oil contributes to the reduction of chronic pain by influencing the Endocannabinoid receptors’ activity, reducing inflammation and eventually interacting with Neurotransmitters.
2. Treats mental health disorders (such as Anxiety, Depression, PTSD and even Schizophrenia) successfully. Such common disorders have a devastating impact on our health and overall well-being. CBD Oil has Antipsychotic effects, meaning it can reduce psychotic symptoms by influencing the brain receptors that are directly connected to the Neurotransmitters and those regulate our mood and social behavior – the Serotonin hormone.
Anxiety, followed by Depression nowadays turns out to be the single largest contributor for disability of all shapes and forms worldwide.
Before the discovery of CBD, pharmaceutical drugs were commonly administered. Nearly all of them had side effects that went from drowsiness to stress, to insomnia (inability to fall asleep), to sexual dysfunction and even Migraines. Furthermore, many of these drugs turned out to be addictive (!) which lead in several cases, to substance abuse. The natural, holistic and bottom line more effective approach therefore, was widely adopted worldwide.
3. Eases the pain and discomfort of Cancer-Related Symptoms. CBD Oil can help reduce symptoms related to cancer and side effects related to cancer treatment (Chemotherapy), like Nausea, Sickness, Vomiting and overall pain.
4. Treats neurological disorders such as Epilepsy and Multiple Sclerosis by effectively reducing muscle spasticity. In fact, on June 2018, the American Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved the use of CBD to treat two types of Children’s Epilepsy. This was a significant moment of recognition in the purified form of the drug Cannabidiol. Scott Gottlieb, on behalf of the FDA, stated that “the new product was approved to treat seizures associated with two rare, severe forms of epilepsy in patients two years of age and older.”
5. Improves sleep quality for people with Parkinson’s disease
6. Decreases inflammation and helps prevent Neuro-degeneration associated with Alzheimer’s disease. (brain damage interlinked with mental decline)
7. Contributes to healthier Heart and Circulatory System functions. Recent research has linked CBD with several benefits that include the ability to lower high blood pressure. High blood pressure is linked directly to strokes, heart attacks and metabolic syndromes caused mostly by stress and anxiety. CBD can help reduce inflammation and prevent cell death associated with heart disease. This is due to its powerful antioxidant and stress-reducing properties.
Several Other highly Potential Benefits include substance abuse treatment, anti-tumor effects, Diabetes prevention and even Acne regression due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
Are There Any Side Effects?
CBD oil is considered very safe, but may cause adverse reactions to some people. Such reactions are diarrhea, appetite and weight variations, fatigue, and fever.
CBD oil may interact with several medications and supplements that contain the presence of Grapefruit. Before you start using CBD oil, be sure to consult with your doctor.